TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms & Conditions of Ticket Purchase | Terms & Conditons of Competitions
Dated 6th December 2014. Our standard conditions of ticket purchase are as follows, and that the purchasing of a ticket is deemed to legally constitute acceptance of them. These Terms & Conditons include, but are not limited to:
1. The management reserves the right to refuse admission and / or require a customer to leave the premises without a refund. We are under no legal obligation to admit a customer, nor give a reason for refusing to do so. We will not tolerate ANY abuse of our staff members, physical OR verbal, in any form. Aggressive, threatening or abusive behaviour OR language can result in a lifetime ban from the premises
2. Scott Cinemas require adults accompanying children to exercise reasonable levels of control over them to ensure their behaviour is deemed socially acceptable by other customers and staff, and appropriate to the situation/surroundings. Where this is not deemed to be the case, our staff reserve the right to intervene.
3. If forced to do so by circumstances beyond our control we reserve the right to cancel a performance, vary the film, vary the time of exhibition or change a seat allocation. IN SUCH CASES OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE REFUND OF THE COST OF THE TICKET PURCHASE ONLY, and is an all cases at our discretion. Any incidental costs (such as, but not limited to, parking fees, concessions purchases and booking fees) are the customers sole responsibility. Guest tickets are discretionary admittance tokens and have no monetary value. These may be withdrawn, or admission refused, without notice.
4. In all other circumstances tickets are not transferable or refundable less than 2 (Two) hours before the programme time printed on the ticket, and transfer / cancellation charges will apply. An e-mail to our Customer Service department (via the Contact form on our website) before the 2 hour deadline is also acceptable where it is not possible outside of cinema opening hours, and in this circumstance please be aware that we may require you to visit the cinema with a printed copy of the e-mail in order for us to process a refund. Transfers / refunds after this time will only be allowed in extreme circumstances, AND ARE AT THE DISCRETION OF HEAD OFFICE, NOT THE CINEMA DUTY MANAGER. A form and prepaid envelope will be provided for the purposes of claims under these conditions. Any refunds must be requested within 7 days of cancelled/missed/unsatisfactory performances, either by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or using the form provided by the cinema. Forms must be received at our head office within 28 days of the performance.
5. No refunds will be made in cases where the customer has watched the whole film without alerting the management to the existence of a problem detrimental to their proper enjoyment during the performance. If we are unable to rectify a problem during the show, a full refund of the ticket price and any booking fee charged will be gladly refunded during the show, but we are not liable for additional purchases made, or other costs incurred, by the customer and no refunds are available where problems are raised with staff after the show has ended. Customers who have watched the film are deemed to have found it acceptable.
6. Both the purchaser AND holder of tickets are required to observe the conditions laid down by The British Board Of Film Classification Certificate for the film being exhibited. Young people and / or any adult accompanying them may be required to provide proof of the young person's age. The word of an accompanying adult is not regarded as proof, and in all cases it is at the sole discretion of the manager to judge the young person's age. This is a legal licensing requirement, it is not within the law for us OR the accompanying adult to allow under age viewing of any films.
7. Reduced priced tickets are available to recipients of state retirement pensions for which proof MAY be required. Children UNDER 15 (fifteen) years of age may receive a discount for U, PG, 12 and 12A certificate films only. Children in arms, under 3's and all other discounts are at the managers discretion in terms of cost and / or admission.
8. Alcoholic drinks may not be brought on to the premises, and anyone deemed by the manager to be intoxicated WILL BE REFUSED ADMISSION.
9. Smoking is now not permitted inside cinemas by law. Relatively sheltered areas can be found to the side of most sites, and films in excess of three hours generally have comfort breaks.
10. With the exception of on-call members of the emergency services, customer's mobile telephones MUST BE SWITCHED OFF in the auditorium. Sound and Visual recording of films is ILLEGAL and the police WILL be informed. We reserve the right to use NIGHT VISION and RECORDING APPARATUS to monitor the audience in the cinemas at any time.
11. Food or drink not purchased from us is prohibited on the premises except on medical grounds, where evidence may be required. We reserve the right to inspect the contents of customer's bags, etc. for security reasons, banned items and illegal substances.
12. Any items of baggage, or accessories such as prams, left with our staff will be subject to a security search. Scott Cinemas take no responsibility for the contents of any bags left, and the onus is on the customer to ensure that valuable items are removed where necessary.
13. Scott Cinemas are not responsible for errors in information received from third parties, including newspapers. These third parties may include a number of website listings that do not receive any information from Scott Cinemas. Our official website at www.scottcinemas.co.uk should always be checked for current, accurate program times.
14. Scott Cinemas takes the protection of children very seriously. For this reason we may refuse admission to adults who do not have children with them for films aimed primarily at youngsters and, if they are admitted, we may require them to sit towards the rear of the auditorium. At certain times and for certain films, we may require unaccompanied under 15's to sit in the front of the auditorium for their own safety and protection.
15. All customers should be dressed in a manner that does not cause offence to other customers. All of our screens are air conditioned to provide cool conditions in hot weather, for your comfort, without the need to remove layers of clothing. Please be aware that customers are not permitted to enter cinema screens while barefoot, due to Health & Safety concerns.
16. Skateboards, roller blades, scooters and "heelys" must not be taken into cinema screens. The use of such accessories within a cinema poses a serious health and safety risk to both the users and to other customers. In some cases these can be left with cinema staff, but we would urge you to leave these at home where possible.
17. As a courtesy to your fellow audience members, and to prevent film theft, we ask that customers do not enter any cinema auditorium using any 'wearable technology' capable of recording images. Any customer found wearing such technology will be asked to remove it and may be asked to leave the cinema.
18. Scott Cinemas reserve the right to use CCTV recording equipment in public areas of cinemas, for the protection of our customers, our staff and our business. We will comply with all local authority and police requests should they wish to obtain CCTV footage from any of our systems.
19. The above is a summary of our terms and conditions, further restrictions may apply without notice at our discretion.
20. NONE OF THE ABOVE TO AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
Website & Social Media Competitions
Dated 26th August 2012. These terms set out the legally binding terms and conditions which apply to all competitions on this website, Facebook & Twitter.
1. The primary promoter for all competitions on this website, Facebook & Twitter is Scott Cinemas Ltd. From time to time, merchandise may be provided by a third party, the details of which will be described within the promotion.
2. When entering a competition via Facebook or Twitter, the Social Media provider is in no way associated with Scott Cinemas Ltd, or any other promoter involved.
3. Only one entry is allowed per person.
4. The following persons may not enter these competitions: employees of Scott Cinemas Ltd and Scott Cinemas Southwest Ltd, their families, agents or anyone else connected with the competition.
5. All prize winners will be selected at random.
6. Prize winners will be contacted either by Direct Message, or by e-mail/telephone. If any prizes not claimed within 28 days, Scott Cinemas reserve the right to either re-draw the prize winner or remove the competition from activity. Prizes won will be despatched within 21 days of the winner being announced.
7. All prizes that involve cinema tickets require the winners acceptance of our standard Terms & Condition of Ticket Purchase.
8. Scott Cinemas, and any third party promoters, reserve the right to alter the prizes offered at any time. Any merchandise will be substituted by that of an equal value.
9. There is no cash alternative to any prize.
10. Scott Cinemas reserve the right to amend or change a competition at any time
11. The names of the major winner(s) may be obtained by sending a request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request marked with the name of the competitions to: Promotions & Marketing, Scott Cinemas Ltd, 51 Northumbria Drive, Henleaze, Bristol, BS8 4HN.
12. Further Terms & Conditions regarding individual competitions may be specified.